Tuesday, October 11, 2016

What is a Handshake


Japan 
  • Meet- Limp with little or no eye contact. Some bow when they greet each other to show respect. 
  • Depart- Japanese people will walk the guest out and watch them until they get into their car.
  • Accept a gift-Present gifts with both hands. It is modestly polite to refuse the gift at least once. If you receive a gift you should give one back.  
  • Share business cards- Have two sides to the card one is translated. Have the translated side up when giving it to someone. They expect you to memorize the information. Offer the card with both hands. 
http://www.1worldglobalgifts.com/japangiftgivingetiquette.htm
http://www.linguist.com/services-japanese-card.htm

Brazil
  • Business Meetings- Highly recommended to learn Portuguese phrases before. Business meetings must be set up 2-3 weeks in advance. 
  • meet-Shaking hands. People kiss on the cheeks. Men greet each other with hugs not kisses. Men shake one hand and then they hug with the other touching the other mans shoulder. 
  • Accept a gift-If someone you don't know well invites you over you should bring something to their house like food. You should almost always bring someone gifts if you are invited over their house or going to visit. Everyone will always accept. 
  • Share Business cards- Usually exchanged when people first meet. English should be on one side and the other should be in Portuguese. When giving the cards out make sure that the Portuguese side is facing the recipient. 
https://www.justlanded.com/english/Brazil/Brazil-Guide/Business/Business-etiquette
http://www.frommers.com/destinations/brazil/707706















1 comment:



  1. My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete